From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save to USB on DPO 4104

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I am currently automating a test that must set a scope to certain parameters, with a single trigger. Save a screenshot of the triggered response and repeat. I have this working on a tektronix TDS 7054, but I need it to work on the tektronix DPO 4104 as well. Most of the commands still function properly and I've fixed a lot of what does not using the programming manual for the series DPO4000 and MSO4000.

The main problem I am still having is: I want to save the screen shot of the response to the USB stick that I have plugged in (E:/), this is possible by sending the FPANEL:PRESS SAVEBUTTON command. However, this saves it with a random default name from the scope.

I would like to know how to set the filename and specify the directory and folder within it.

I'm using LabView, and A USB interface.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,075 Views)

Hi JakeKing,

When you are saving to your USB stick, is the file saving on the DPO 4104 or on the computer? Also are you using the LabVIEW commands to write the file or is the DPO 4104 writing directly?

Additionally, if you could provide a portion of your code, it would helpful for community troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Evan See
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,039 Views)

Thank you for your response Evan. I managed to figure it out. But to answer you questions for clarity:

The file is saving to the USB stick which is plugged into the DPO 4104. I'm using commands found in the programming manual for the tektronix DPO4000 and MSO4000 series.

By using the :FILESYSTEM:MKDIR <> command, I was able to tell the scope to create a new folder in the USB stick. I then used the SAVE:IMAGE <> command, which tells the scope what file path to save to.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,022 Views)