From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save 1D array of cluster of 3 elements

I am using tektronix TDS 3000 vi from NI. It works and can diplay data from both channel but if I use any vi ( waveform, write file, measuremet file etc )
then it saved data from only one channel.

The main problem I found is to

1> how to convert a array of cluster to waveform and save the waveform in a file.
2) Or simply to save the arry of cluster to a file.

I asked the same question in different format just before , but thought to clarify in terms of teh actual point.
Pl see the attatched word file.

best regards
Ray

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,341 Views)
Hi

A problem is that you did not send in your vi, only a portion of the block diagram.
Do you see two channels in the graph?
building up the graph seems ok, but do you have named chan1 and 2 correctly?

the real problem for the waveform is that building up the waveform is not correct
you should use the same kind of trick as for the graph
firts build two separate waveforms and later  build an array of two waveforms with the build arra primitive.

Your other question comes from the fact (other  thread even) that you now have waveforms instead of arrays.
Use a for loop to genearte the x-axis from delta t and start at zero.
then you have in your program three arrays of double. x-axis, y1 and y2
build a twodimensional array and save that to disk, maybe you need to transpose the array to get it right for excel.

succes
greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,331 Views)

Dear Albert

Really thanks a lot for the solution.

It works perfectly, now I can save the y1 and y2

but I didnt able to do the second part ( generation of time axis, the x axis) properly.

I tried to use the "save waveform" vi from NI but it save the time column as dates , I didnt able to change it to

t=t0+n.dt.  Here i assume t0=0 . I looked inside the save waveform vi and it looks pretty complex.

Can you pl give little more clue what to do.

I attatched the vi here.

thank you again

best regards

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,330 Views)
Hi

I changed the output section only and removed the llb.

llb's are for windows 3.1 and I don't believe you have that.

succes,

ps the connection of the array to the for loop (without using the array) determines the number of times the loop runs.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,319 Views)
Hello Ray11:

Thank you for choosing National Instruments. I wanted to clarify that your questions got answered in both this and the other forum post here.
Regards,

Roland A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Check out VI Roadshow
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,309 Views)

Dear Albert

Thank you very much for your reply.

Can you plese send me your vi in lower version of  Labview, my version of labview 8.2b23 is older than yours 8.2.1 and thats why

it does not open in my labview

with best regards

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,292 Views)
8.2b23 is an illegal copy of LabVIEW. While it is dumb to be using this, it's even dumber to admit it in an NI sponsored forum. No more help for you.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,283 Views)

You are not right.

I bought two USB HS GPIB  and a USB 6009 DAQ 2 week ago student kit and I have a valid purchase bill and our system supports people installed the software and whenever I start Labview it  shows as a evaluation software and still 18 days left.

So you are not right that am using a copied sofware.

And also we have many lisence in our University and I can get legal Institute copy anytime so no need for installing illegal copy

we have enough money for buying anything for research.

I would appreciate if you can send me the lower sevion vi , of course I can borrow the copy of the latest Labview and can install

but it just again another too much work ( specially already I had problem installing Runtime engine in my computer) .

best regards

Ray11

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,279 Views)
Someone is using copied software if your version is 8.2b23. I installed LabVIEW 8.2 evaluation version on a co-workers pc. This is the evaluation version as downloaded from NI's site. The version is 8.2 and it's able to load Albert's VI without any problems. Forward this to your system support people and see what they have to say.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,272 Views)

Thanks for understanding me.

Of course I will ask the system support about the installation.

It is installed in our Labs computer and may happen that some enthuistic students tried something there which I dont know.

Anyhow we dont need to do it as the Institute already have sufficient number of lisences. I will arrange a licence for our computer

as soon as poosible.

In the meantime I will try to install the evaluation version in my own laptop as you said and will try to see whether I can open

the vi.

Thank you very much

with best regards

Ray11

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,268 Views)