Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to interact Motor Controller with Load cell via LabVIEW

Dear all,

I am kindly asking you for help to programming my Test setup which is indicated below:

I have a loadcell, motor and a motor controller, i have all the motor controller labview drivers!

The question is: i dont know how to use these labview drivers and how to interact the motor controller with the loadcell.

Please have a look at the summary of the working principle for this setup below:

While the linear stage  is running on a single axis via the motor controller ,  the linear stage touches the loadcell and  it is starting to make compression on load cell and after a specific, predefined Force, (for example 10 Newton) on the loadcell, i want to stop the motor so it does not go further, and then start to moving the linear stage at the negative direction now it will make a tensile strength on the load cell then again i will want to stop the motor controller when the loadcell reaches the predefined force (for example 10 Newton)

I read all the data sheets but it is not indicated that how to use these labview drivers, For example: How to turn the load cell’s output to an input to the motor controller? should i use “acceleration”and “set velocity” drivers next to each other? How to connect them? Doyou know any similar or exact codes? Which product should i use? (SignalExpress? Regular Labview? Control&Simulation? etc..)  

Please have a look at my brand new equipments below:

Motor Controller= Newport SMC100CC Single-axis DC motor controller/driver

Motor Linear Stage= Newport MFA-CC Miniature Linear Stage DC motor

DAQ= NI USB-6343, X Series Data Acquisition

Loadcell = Transducer Techniques, GSO-100 (Tension&Compression)

Loadcell Signal Conditioner = Transducer Techniques STAND ALONE / BENCH TOP, 0 to ±10VDC OUTPUT

Thank you for reading,

Have a nice day,

Best Regards,

Kindly wisher.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,028 Views)

If you are not experienced in LabVIEW please follow a real course or let somebody else implement the system.

Signal express I would not use but regular LV is more than sufficient.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,019 Views)

Hello Hope you are doing great!

To start I would recommend taking a look at the IVI drivers for the device you want to control.

Please take a look at this so you get a better Idea of how to use instruments drivers and what instrument drivers are.

Definetely I would go with LabVIEW with the motion control toolkit, as you need to program and communicate with third party instruments.

Regards, 

Luis A. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,988 Views)