From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control TTi QL564P Power Supply with USB connection?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

When i connect the TTi QL564P Power Supply via USB i don't see on MAX (devices and interfaces) the virtual serial connection. With GPIB everything works fine!

I already downloaded the newest drivers from the TTi website.

And i created a simple VI like this:

VISA OPEN --> VISA WRITE ("V1?") --> DELAY(0.1s) --> VISA READ --> VISA CLOSE

(works via GPIB, doesn't work via USB)

On VISA OPEN i have on VISA resource name only the LPT1 and COM1 ports available...so where is the USB (this case, virtual serial port) ??

With GPIB the VISA resource name is the ALIAS which i defined on MAX...

thanks for the help:smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(7,108 Views)

ah...forgot to say that i also used the TQLP drivers ....the initialize don't work with USB, but works fine with GPIB!!

ERROR:

TQLP Initialize With Options.vi<ERR> Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFF0015)

The problem...is that i don't see the USB VISA resource name.... i was hopping to get something like this "USB0::1::INSTR" or something...

But i only see my GPIB alias, and the COM and LPT ports...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(7,104 Views)
In order for a USB instrument to automatically appear in MAX, the instrument must be one of two things. Either the vendor has designed it to be a USB TMC (test & measurement class) type or they designed the USB interface to emulate an RS-232 port. You can check with the vendor what they did. Did you install a driver from the vendor? How does the instrument appear in windows device manager?
Message 3 of 14
(7,093 Views)

Hi Dennis

Thanks for the reply!!

This power supply (TTi QL564P) as the manual says, is designed to emulate an RS-232 via USB interface.... But when i connect the power supply (via USB) to my computer, i don't see anything happen... neither on my computer and on MAX. When i use GPIB everything works fine, but i really need to use USB.

I've installed the driver from the vendor  (http://www.tti1.co.uk/downloads/drivers-download.htm)

And the instrument does not appear on my device manager tree (under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" ) ... what is wrong with this ??

thanks for the help!!
Message Edited by JPLO on 02-16-2009 02:36 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(7,075 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JPLO
Ok the solution was ..... on the power supply front pannel, i changes the bus to USB (i had GPIB by default 🙂 )
Message 5 of 14
(7,057 Views)

Do someone have an example VI for me???

tanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(5,864 Views)

The TTi site has drivers. This link is also provided above.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(5,853 Views)

Yes, but if in want use them , they don't work. (the example don't work) So if some one has a example vi who is working...please.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(5,847 Views)

Well, simply saying something does not work is insufficient. You need to provide the driver you are using (LabVIEW or IVI), the name of the example, any error codes, a detailed description of what does not work, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(5,843 Views)

Yes .sorry

error code (below) when i use the example from TQLP (the power i use)

Did i do something wrong in MAX????

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(5,804 Views)