Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate with FEIG CPR30Pro USB device

Solved!
Go to solution

I have RFID reader FEIG CPR30Pro for which I have installed its drivers and now can communicate with FEIG's recommended applications using USB port. 

After connecting to PC, device does not get any USB port number and detected as a USB device.

Now, using LabVIEW how can I read or write data to FEIG CPR30Pro? (commands to connect/communicate with reader is with me)

I have gone through several examples but device fails to get VISA resource name.

After adding device name shown in USB list as a VISA resource name got error as "Specified VISA resource is not a USB device".

Can anyone help me with any example? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(202 Views)

Can you communicate with the FEIG reader from any other programming language than LabVIEW?

The key question to answer is whether the manufacturer has designed/made the device so general users can automate other than their proprietary application. Many manufacturers deliberately make it unreadable from other applications to force users to buy their software.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(180 Views)

No, I am not able to access it from any other language. But I have applications from which I can read/write data to my end device using FEIG CPR 30Pro reader. 

I just wanted to automate my things without using their front-end application. So, wanted to know how I can send/Receive data on FEIG USB device?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(162 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AK_Copeland

@AK_Copeland wrote:

No, I am not able to access it from any other language. But I have applications from which I can read/write data to my end device using FEIG CPR 30Pro reader. 

I just wanted to automate my things without using their front-end application. So, wanted to know how I can send/Receive data on FEIG USB device?

So, it is possible that the manufacturer did not want the user to automate things and only use it from their application. Please check with the manufacturer on how to automate.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(152 Views)