Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate Labview with DPO7014 Tektronix oscilloscope ?

I want to connect DPO7014 Tektronix oscilloscope with Labview.
For this purpose I prepared special USB (LogiLink USB2.0 easy copy Link cable for PC and Mac).
This USB is introduced by experts of Tektronix Company.
Also I installed below programs on my PC:
1- NI LabVIEW SignalExpress Tektronix Edition
2- NI-VISA 5.0.3
3- step for DPO7000 series

I found a Tutorial in : http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4478
I did everything that said on it.
I found VISA RESOURCE NAME, but when I copy and paste on LABVIEW it does not work.

Please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,500 Views)
Since all you do for the tutorial is plug the instrument in, "everything" is totally wrong. Do NOT Create your own inf. Undo all that. Its a USBTMC device. Installing SignalExpress is also unnecessary.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,491 Views)

You might want to start with the Getting Started with Instrument Control tutorial

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,473 Views)

Hello

I went Getting Started with Instrument Control tutorial and watched all of video files.

DPO7014 does not have USB type B, and when I contacted to Tektronix Company, they tell me to provide LogiLink USB2.0 easy copy Link cable for PC and Mac.

LogiLink USB2.0 easy copy Link cable for PC and Mac has two port type A.

OK. In follow everything I did, I tell you:

1- I uninstalled all of programs.

2- I installed NI-VISA 5.0.3 again.

3- I went to C:\Windows\inf and deleted inf files.

4- I turned on my Laptob and connect My USB to it, also connect another port to DPO7014 and then I turned on DPO7014(As said on video toturial).

5- I clicked on Measurement & Automation(MAX), and went to "Devices and Interfaces". 

6- I press F5 to refresh, but I did not see any change. Max did not recognize DPO7014.

Also I did above procedure with turend on DPO7014(I mean: I turned on DPO7014 and then connected USB to it).

Another matter maybe help you is that when I connected USB to my Labtop, Go! siut programs which is belong to USB is started. I shown in attached figure.

Please help me.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,397 Views)

That's an odd model. It appears the USB is host only and the only mention of remote control is with the GPIB interface. I have no idea what that LogiLink would do.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,384 Views)