From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I work with the NI, USB-9215A DAQ, with Agilent VEE?

Hello,

I bought a USB-9215A data acquisition device from NI.
I use the Agilent VEE programming software.
My I/O manager from Agilent VEE can not detect the USB-9215A when this is connected to my laptop.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,037 Views)

Hi,

I don't work with Agilent's VEE software, but I can fill in the blanks with the USB-9215A. First off, the USB-9215A requires the DAQmx Driver - you can get the latest version of the driver from www.ni.com/support Drivers and Updates>>Current Software Versions>>Multifunction DAQ>>DAQmx Version 8.5...

Once the driver and device is installed, you have your choice of several Application Development Environments (ADE's) - LabVIEW being my choice for easiest Smiley Wink. We don't currently install support for VEE. I know in the past that VEE supported the Traditional DAQ drivers through a call to the dll. I would check with Agilent to see if the version you are using supports NI-DAQmx. There does appear to be several users that have done this, check out this post  and this post that is link from the first that appears to be the most comprehensive.

Hope this helps, let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Cheers,

Andrew S

National Instruments

Message Edited by stilly32 on 06-04-2007 03:31 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,026 Views)