Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I save the measurement image from Agilent E5062A to Master PC, connected via GP-IB and using LabWindows-CVI?

Hi,

I have a Test Equipment with a Master PC connected to the Network Analyzer "Agilent E5062A", via GP-IB.
I'm writing an Automatic Test Sequence using LabWindows-CVI and the driver Agena 1.3.
My problem is that I don't know how to save the measurement display image, from E5062A to a folder of the Master PC. I've found the function "agena_actFileTransferFromStorage ", but I don't understand how to use it.

Anyone can help me, please?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,927 Views)
I would guess that this is a wrapper for the ":MMEMory:TRANsfer? <string>" query of the actual SCPI command.  Meaning you would need to do the following in order to get a screenshot from the ENA-L to your PC.  I will try to explain the process, but since I don't use the LabWindows driver you will have to track down the individual functions.
  1. Save image to ENA-L's Hard Drive (making sure to note the path) -> Look for something like agena_store or agena_storeimage.  If you can't find a function that does this, then use the standard SCPI command ":MMEMory:STORe:IMAGe <string>"
  2. Use the function that you referenced (agena_actFileTransferFromStorage) to read the data either directly into a file name that the method lets you set.  If it only returns a byte array to you, then you will need to create the file that the data will be stored, this will probably need to be a binary file as this is how the data is returned as a byte array.  If you run into issues with this, then use the command mentioned in the first paragraph.
  3. Once you have read the file back, you may choose to delete the file that was used to store the image on the ENA.
If you start running into problems, you might try the direct SCPI process as just from looking at the LabView driver's implementation I am not the most confident that it will work.  If you end up handling everything manually.  The binary block header format is described pretty well in the ENA Help File' Binary Transfer Format section.
Message 2 of 4
(3,907 Views)

Thanks a lot,

I will try!

Kind Regards,

AlexAIV

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,883 Views)