Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do You Install The Driver For A USB-GPIB-HS?

I have a USB-GPIB-HS module.  I'm trying to install it on a Dell Latitude E6510 laptop running Windows 7.  I have LabVIEW 2011 installed on that computer along with the version of NI488.2 and NI MAX that came with LabVIEW 2011.  During the process of debugging I've upgraded NI488.2 to the latest version from the NI website, v14.

The USB-GPIB-HS shows up in the Device manager in the Control Panel.  It has a yellow exclamation mark (a "bang") next to in.  It says that the device driver isn't working "This Device Cannot Start (Code 10)".  If I "Troubleshoot" the device from the menu there it tries to download a newer driver, but it can't find one.  The driver version is 14.0.0.49152.  If I try to upgrade the driver in Device Manager it says that it's up-to-date.

In NI MAX the device shows up, but can't be used.  It's name and serial number are given but the normal controls to use it don't appear.

I've heard that tinkering with the "GPIB Enumeration Service" can help, but I can't find where that service is.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,369 Views)

The problem was that the USB-GPIB-HS modules I tried was physically broken. I tried another and everything worked.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,125 Views)