Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Install and Uninstall the GPIB Driver on

I download driver from http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=12759, then I try Sweep.vi. In the visa, I refresh and can't find N9310A. What do I need to do?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,962 Views)

You can start by answering some of the questions. What is the make and model of the GPIB controller you are using? What is the driver software (for the controller!) that you finally installed.

An additional questions that also needs to be answered is have you been able to see the controller and the instrument in MAX. Until you can, trying to use LabVIEW is probably just a waste of time. You have to get the basics done first. You started this whole thread about uninstalling drivers and you have not explained what you have done or why.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,957 Views)

Hi, 

After NI.4882. drive, I could not find "gpib-32.dll" in "c:\windows\system32".

But I can find "NI4882.dll" in that directory.

By the way my statement of GPIB looks for "gpib-32.dll" and make error "unable to load "gpib-32.dll".

NI4882.dll and gpib-32.dll are different ?

Does NI.488.2 driver only install NI4882.dll not gpib-32.dll?

Then how can I install gpib-32.dll?

Thanks

Seong

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,651 Views)

Seong,

This thread is pretty old, I would suggest making your own thread so that we can focus on your problem in particular.  I found gpib-32.dll in my SysWOW64 folder, but can you explain what you are doing when you run into this error (A screenshot would help a lot).

Telling us what OS, LabVIEW, and 488.2 driver versions you are using will also give more context to your issue.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,630 Views)

Matt,

I tried to run my old program that ran successfully in my old window 7 32 bit PC.

My program has Vbib-32.vb and NIGLOBAL.vb and looking for "gpib-32.dll" because Vbib-32.vb has the statement such as 

"Declare function ibwrt32 Lib "gpib-32.dll" Alias "ibwrt"(....) as integer.

But "gpib-32.dll" is not installed into c:\windows\system32 when I install NI 488.2 driver.

Right now I use window 7 64 bit PC, NI-488.2 ver 14.0 and I do not have LABView.

I just use PCI-GPIB board and use that board with VS2008.

I attached screenshot.

Thank you.GPIB error.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,625 Views)

Matt,

I also found gpib-32.dll in c:\window\syswow64.(I did not notice that before).

So I changed the statement  "Declare function ibwrt32 Lib "gpib-32.dll" Alias "ibwrt"(....) as integer into 

"Declare function ibwrt32 Lib "c:\windows\syswow64\gpib-32.dll" Alias "ibwrt"(..) as integer.

But the error comes as "An attempt was made to load a program with incorrect format".

How can I use gpib-32.dll in the syswow64 folder in my program?

Thank you

Seong

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,618 Views)

Finally, I solved my problem to use "gpib-32.dll" located in c:\windows\syswow64 directory.

I just compiled the program in 32 bit mode by

my vb program>properties>compile>advanced compile option>target cpu>x86.

Now I can use old vbib-32.vb and NIGLOBAL.vb module.

Thanks for everybody who reply my questions.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,600 Views)

Thank you for posting how you solved this problem as well.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,596 Views)