Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi newbie working with Arduino and VISA

Hi everyone, basically I have the arduino running ROS framework on it, and I need to set up a Labview interface to override the firmware. that part of the firmware code looks like this 

void Tdsae::ak(const std_msgs::Float64ConstPtr &msg)
{

std_msgs::UInt16 driverMsg;

driverPub.publish(driverMsg); 

and my labview code looks like this,   it seems the labview code failed to override, and I dont really understand why

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,773 Views)

Hey alexishiyu, 

Is there a particular reason you are utilizing LabVIEW to override the firmware as opposed to sending text-based commands?

Unfortunately, without seeing the actual ins and outs of what is being sent to and from as VISA commands, it will be a bit hard to diagnose what is going on. 

Finally, I would also like to lead you to the LabVIEW MakerHub, a forum and community dedicated to using LabVIEW with some third-party devices. 

The forum for controlling Arduino (using LINX protocol with LabVIEW) may also be a good place to post your question, as that community is generally a bit more geared towards Arduino/Raspberry Pi/etc.

Tanim I.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,731 Views)

Hi Tanim,

Thanks for your reply! So in Labview I'm sending a string based message, while the string based should have the same format as the message I referenced in the c++ code( so it can override the firmware message)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,676 Views)

So it will be a Uint 16

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,674 Views)

Sorry, it will actually look like

{ uint16 a

uint16 b}, two separate messages in totally, in labview, I simply concate them, but it doesn't look right 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,672 Views)

I think I am a bit confused, are you having issues properly formatting your string?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,650 Views)