From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, PCMCIA-GPIB for Windows Vista

Hi,
I recently purchased a PCMCIA-GPIB Plug-In controller and my system has a Windows Vista as the operation system. I am not able to find the software driver online, though I see them
for XP/2000. Is there any beta version of the driver for Windows Vista available ? If so, can someone advise me how to obtain it (as a CD or a ftp download ? ). Would really appreciate the help and support.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,403 Views)
The latest version is here. It's not listed as being supported for Vista though. The much older AT-GPIB is not supported either. It's likely that NI has decided to not support the pcmcia cards on Vista. Most new laptops have a ExpressCard slot. That or the USB controller might have been a better choice. Hopefully, someone from NI will state the plans for pcmcia cards and discuss your options.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,398 Views)
Unfortunately, the link seems not to work any longer and I cannot find any suitable driver. Are there any new concerning the Vista support of the PCMCIA GPIB card?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,133 Views)
That link still works for me and it's still the latest driver. You can go to the Product Suggestion Center and make a request, but, you may have to use a different OS or a different GPIB controller.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,129 Views)