Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! How can a transfer a screenshot to my computer with GPIB? NETWORK ANALYZER 8753ES

I am using Labview 2018 and through GPIB I can remote control Network Analyzer MODEL "8753ES". I can use the command to save the screen shot on the SA to its local hard disk. But I wonder whether I can save the screenshot to my computer's hard disk. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,894 Views)

Typically that is possible. You would need to explore the Programmer manual to understand the command that does it. Easy way would be if you know the front panel button, then you can find an equivalent command. It could support transferring the screenshot data over GPIB, and you need to implement to write to a file with appropriate type or if it saves locally on the instrument, find a command to copy files over GPIB.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,880 Views)

I already checked the manual and found the commands same as the panel of the equipment, this is how I could save to the local disk, but I did not find using GPIB.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,874 Views)

Good that you found a command to save screenshot to local drive. Next, is there any command to transfer a file from instrument to the computer over GPIB. 

I have done a similar two step process on a tek scope which didn't have a direct option to send screenshot over GPIB.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,818 Views)

That's the problem, I can't find this command.
I am using this programming guide:

http://www.doe.carleton.ca/~nagui/labequip/netana/8720(22)ES_Programmer's%20Guide.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,792 Views)

OUTPPRIN seems to be the answer for your search (possibly). It says the data will be PCL raster dump of the display (probably a special format for image) which you can read off the GPIB and write to the appropriate file.

santo_13_0-1590103617999.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,755 Views)