Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody used D-Bus to communicate with and/or control instruments using Labview?

Hi All,

Using Labview, I'd like to control some devices that already use D-Bus. I don't know anything about Dbus yet, but I was wondering if anybody has done this? Would it be possible to create something like the instrument drivers for GPIB - only in the Dbus protocol? Just some vauge questions before I get really deep into this. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,307 Views)

DBus is a BSH specific bus protocol, I have done some implementations.

Please contact me directly (CODI) 

Henrik Volkers

PS: Are you at TRT?

Message Edited by Henrik Volkers on 08-14-2006 01:43 PM

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,285 Views)

Henrik,

This seems to be an old post but hopefully you are still around. it seems like finally somebody has used D-Bus with LV. i couldn't find your contact info to send you an email directly. It would be great if you can share your suggestions or if you have any comments. Please email me at mani99_ AT hotmail.com or let me know how to get in touch with you.

Thanks!

My previous post regarding D-Bus:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=450770&requireLogin=False

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,902 Views)

plz mail the info regarding D-bus commn via labview to arunp.archer<@>gmail.com

thnx in advance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,466 Views)

Hello Henrik, I not sure that you read this and already working on this project - I'm looking for D-Bus information too. Can you help me ?

Regards Pit

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,142 Views)

i know it's been a long time, but i'm also looking for dbus information, which is extremely rare on the net.

@hendrik: you wrote that you already did some implementations, can you give me some tips where i can get some infos? i already have the pure layer1 and it is very similar to k-bus/lin-bus. but anything more would help me a lot 😉

best regards from berlin
marcus

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(1,804 Views)

I ignore the extra d my Name and try an answer 😄

About 20 years ago I did scientific cloth drying at BSH...   at that time some homeappliances had  a internal serial bus (they had some simple µC .. using the UART)  AFTER a galvanic isolation (signal GND could carry line potential) and some level adjustment, one could read it with the (at that time common) RS232. One byte command , followed by an adress (2 byte IIRR) one could read (and sometimes set) a byte (maybe sometimes even two 😉 ) .  Adresses, coding (LE/BE) and meaning was different for every type of controller board... .Later they switched to a lin-bus alike with higher speed capability and harder timing which was a pain with windows at that time without dedicated hardware (USB thingy) 

Since I changed my job more than 15a ago I do not remember much more details.  One thing: It run on 9600 (8N1 IIRR) .. some cheap optocouplers in some of the isolation boxes barely managed that speed 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(1,792 Views)

"d" ups, sry... 🙏

yes, time has moved on and in the meantime they are using 150mbit isolators (si8622ec - non optic) and if i'm not mistaken 19200 bit or 20kbit. i'll have to look again more closely at my induction cooker. 20k is more lin-bus.
but the principle is the same...
i was more interested in the framing, crc, collision detection and co. which i would put into an esp32. it could also be powered by the 5v that is connected to the connector.
do you happen to know anyone else at bsh you could ask?
my old contacts at siemens are unfortunately out of the question here. 😆

regards from berlin
marcus

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(1,775 Views)

I know that this is an old thread, but since little is known about D-Bus to date, I would like to post the following project here: github.com/hn/bsh-home-appliances . There you can find some things about the technology of home appliances and also about the D-Bus protocol.

Message 9 of 12
(854 Views)

Henrik, i'll like to know more about this protocol, so far i know what encoding is used for checksum (1021, crc16/xmodem) but i don't know the register numbers or data like in "0610720101000000A589" from my oven which has a non working touch panel and moving forward to controll it with bluetooth using serial commands (single wire interface @ 9600).

It looks like modbus packet structure.

Vincent.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(723 Views)