Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error (1300) when working with HP6626A and HP8563E in a loop

Hi,

I am connecting the power supply HP6626A and spectrum analyzer HP8563E in series. if I only put the spectrum analyzer in a FOR LOOP, and the power supply out of the loop, everything works fine; but if I put both of them in the loop, every other time I am getting the error 1300. Attached is the block diagram of the VI.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Zahra
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,170 Views)
When you right click on an error code and select 'Explain Error', you will see that the code means instrument specific error. You will first need to determine which function is causing the error. If you can isolate the function, see if it happens the first time it is called or only on the second or subsequent calls.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,159 Views)
Hello Zahra,
       I would recommend reducing your code down to the bare minimum that reproduces the error.  A lot of times when reducing the code down, you will find out what is causing the error.  You should probably attempt to find out what is different between each execution of the code.  Since you have a couple of wait functions that are running in parallel, they might be the culprit (since their execution order is not enforced).  As a general programming practice, I recommend that you Initialize and Close outside of the loop.

Cheers,

NathanT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,137 Views)