Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started: Programming stimulus for Rotational Chair using Manufacturer Controller

Hello, 

I am a PhD student and and as part of my research, I am looking to program a custom stimulus using MATLAB that interfaces with a rotational chair. The chair controller contains a chair servo amplifier, control logic, safety controls, power switches, and a computer interface. The manufacturer software provides preset sinusoidal acceleration at different frequencies and peak velocities, however, I would like to program a custom motion stimulus using MATLAB that interfaces with this particular controller. I understand that I would most likely need a data acquisition device from National Instruments that communicates with MATLAB and the chair. However, I am unsure which device I should get. Technical information for the chair controller is reflected below:

Chair Controller model 720R-820R 

-Linear Servo Amplifier 

-Model 720R: 110-130VAC @ 900VA

-Model 820R: 220-240VAC @900VA

Does anyone out there have any insight on which DAQ device I would need to send and receive data to and from the chair controller. Any advice would be extremely helpful. 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,142 Views)

This is a duplicate post - see this thread.

Lindsey Nestor
Program Manager, Hardware Services
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,101 Views)