From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get actual date/timestamp from Tektronix MDO3024

Dear all,

Being a relatively new user to Labview I am trying to build a program to acquire and save data from an oscilloscope.

I have connected an MDO3024 to my computer and am using the "Tektronix DPO MSO 2000 4000" instrument driver to acquire data. Currently I use the "Read (single waveform)" function to acquire data from channel 1 and write/append this data to a text file. Since the VI runs continuously inside a loop and data is acquired faster than the length of the data being displayed on the oscilloscope I get an overlap in the data. This is not a problem in itself since I could search and delete overlapping portions. However, for this I need an (absolute) time reference. Unfortunately the waveform "t0 data" does not contain this information, rather it sends the relative time which is constant for each waveform returned. Now I've tried to manually acquire/generate a timestamp at several locations (even inside the Read VI itself) and add this to the data, but so far this does not solve the problem; small delays occur ans cause a non-constant delay between each waveform, see picture. Since I also can't seem to find a way to have the oscilloscope return an actual date/time stamp with the data I'm kind of stuck.

Any advice or ideas would be more than welcome!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,257 Views)

If you have programmed the time and date properly on the scope, you can send the following SCPI commands:

DATE?

TIME?

Also, you can save the data to a file then receive the data along with the time and date the file was saved on the scope using the proper SCPI commands from the programming manual.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
Message 2 of 4
(3,231 Views)

Alright, to be honest... I have no clue what SCPI commands are, but using you comment I was able to make a schematic that does what I would like it to do. I'm unsure whether this is what you actually meant or not, but in the end I'm afraid this will not resolve the issue since the time is only accurate to the second, while I receive multiple measurements/waveforms per second. This is probably just a limitation of the oscilloscope since I don't see any options to include milli/micro seconds in the time, which means I should find another way to eliminate the timing offset between each waveform section... Thanks so far anyway!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,218 Views)

您好,请问您的泰克示波器采集工程完成了吗,我最近也在泰克论坛里找到了一个labview的程序,但是有一个子vi出现问题,没有办法运行。我需要的是把示波器里的数据形成.csv文件保存到电脑上,你之前做的可以实现这个功能吗?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,136 Views)