Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genuine NI GPIB-USB-HS warning message

Use an earlier driver that doesn't block your hardware:

"NI4882_1700f0.exe Driver or earlier will work."

Message 21 of 26
(3,591 Views)

If the error reads that the resource is connected through a non-genuine interface, then it appears the device you have purchased is counterfeit. Where did you acquire the device?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(3,579 Views)

Thank you, I did revert back to an older version and it works now. I don't know where the GPIB adapter was purchased but I am surprised that the I was able to register the serial number on the NI website if it is not genuine NI. 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(3,572 Views)

NI has removed NI 488.2 17.0 for windows from it's downloads page. From what I'm reading on this forum this is the only windows 10 compatible driver that will recognize my GPIB-USB-HS as genuine. How do we communicate to NI to re-instate it?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(3,456 Views)

Hi ransom,

As per this KnowledgeBase article, NI has removed all versions of 488.2 prior to 17.6 to promote quality and integrity in the data collected by NI GPIB devices. If you would like to troubleshoot a genuine GPIB device showing as non-genuine, or if you need an older version of 488.2 for a specific software setup, feel free to contact NI support.

Melanie P.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(3,443 Views)

I have several legacy GPIB-USB-HS (3 or 4). 3 of those showed same warning. Only one was ok (no warnings at all). I called NI support and they told me the SN were not recorded as GPIB-USB-HS in NI system. Could be bought not directly from NI. 

Maybe you guys can all NI and ask them to check the SN first. 

I will upgrade my driver to version 19 and try again with the "good" one. 

CQ
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(2,856 Views)