From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB error after generate exe

Hi all,

Problem Description:

I build a exe file of my program with the Application builder of LabVIEW 2011. If i run the program from the project folder it works fine. When i run the application following ERROR will be shown. No measurement device found, GPIB connection failed. I run the application on the same system and i closed the project folder when i run the exe-file. On the MAX i can see my measurement devices and can send a query to them. I also generate a installer and include the NI488.2 driver and Runtime-engine and VISA driver, but still the same error is shown. I don´t know what i have done wrong. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,550 Views)

That error does not appear to be a standard error message. It appears to be a custom error. Have you looked at your code to see where that error could be generated, and thereby the possible causes? Are you, for example, reading any files to get instrument information and running into this issue: Why Does My Executable Not Work When Using the Current VI's Path Constant?

Without telling us what your code does I don't see how you can expect us to be able to help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,547 Views)