Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB comunication problem (Tektronix TK2465)

Solved!
Go to solution

Good morning, I'm quite new with labview and I have some problem with the GPIB communication; Dealing with a Tektronix TK2465BCT, I have connected an adapter GPIB-USB-HS to my Windows8 PC, when I try to communicate with the instrument through NI MAX it seems to communicate properly or at least it is recognized by the PC on the right address, as soon as I start a VI downloaded from the driver page of the instrument it doesn't detect the oscillocope. Any Idea? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,583 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author guido.cupo
That's a very old and unsupported driver. I have not downloaded it so I don't know if it uses VISA or the low level GPIB functions. Do you specify an address or resource name before running it? What error do you get?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,575 Views)
I have tried to set the same address that max gave me and also only the adress ad string (as the driver request), the error received is a pop-up saying that the instrument has lost power...but I m sure about the stability of the mains, thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,568 Views)
Can you attach an image of the pop-up and one of the front panel/block diagram?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,564 Views)

This morning I've tried to communicate again with the instrument and I understood that the problem is on the usb converter because as soon as I connect and communicate for th first time is ok if I disconnect the PC at the second connection the address used seems busy or not sending signal on GPIB,

anyway attached there are 2 different tries I have done.

Thanks. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,535 Views)
You don't have anything for the VISA Resource in the first image and you are trying to do parallel operations in the second and that is not allowed.

Why are you disconnecting the adapter?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,525 Views)