Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB communication between PXIe and computer

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to communicate between a computer with a NI PXIe 1065 (or an another computer) by GPIB connector ?

I can't modify my PXIe as a non controller and I don't know how to find a GPIB controller with agilent connexion expert or NI MAX. 

If it is possible, could you tell how can I do it? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(1,128 Views)

Hello Allannoel. Can you send me all your PXIe configuration? Tell me more about what you want to do.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,069 Views)

Hello, thanks for your reply

I have:

1 NI PXIe-8133 inside the NI PXIe 1065

There is a Micro GPIB connector on the PXIe 8133

I have a motor and a computer

So I would like to send motor's commands from the computer to the NI PXIe 1065 by the GPIB. Adapt the commands for the motor and send the new commands to the motor by the NI PXIe1065 with the GPIB. 

Commands created by computer doesn't match for this motor, is for that I need to convert the command with the NI PXIe 1065. (I can't connect computer directly to the motor). 

PC --> NI PXIe --> motor

All by GPIB

I can't find the computer in NI MAX or AGILENT connexion expert so I can't send or read data from the computer with the PXIe. 

Thanks for your help

If you have any other questions, I'm still available. 

Allan 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,061 Views)

How do you connect your motor to PXIe? Can you attach picture of your PXIe Chassie? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,058 Views)

Summary I want to ask you. Did I understand correctly or not. YOu have PC. PXIe 1065 and Controller PXIe 8133. You want to connect PC to PXIe 8133 with GPIB , then you want to send commands from PC to PXIe.

So do you have some OS on your PXIe 8133?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(1,049 Views)

The PXIe 8133 is a controller inside the PXIe 1065 and the 1065 has a windows 7 OS to drive all the controller, in my case, the 8133.

Yes my problem is that I don't know /can't send or receive command from my computer

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,045 Views)

Can you log in to PXIe controller OS, install NI MAX, and test, Does NI MAX in your PXIe system see the motor?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,042 Views)

I can see the motor as an instrument. The problème is that I can't open a visa to the computer. For example with matlab. 

I see the primary adresse used by the gpib adapter but matlab send me an error when I try to open a visa to the computer with the address of the USB/GPIB adapter (agilent 82357 A/B) 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,027 Views)

Which error did you get?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,024 Views)