Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB_HS+ driver

I have a GPIB to USB adapter and need an older version of the driver  (McPherson Equipment says version 14)  I cannot operate a McPherson equipment with out it and it must be version 14.   I have tryed to find this driver b ut I can only go back to version 17

I just need the driver

thanks

Don Fronek

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(995 Views)

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019QOfSAM&l=en-US

NI has identified non-genuine NI-branded GPIB devices sold through third-party online vendors and is committed to your safety and the integrity of your measurements. Beginning with version 17.6, the NI-488.2 driver supports the ability to recognize counterfeit GPIB devices. NI has intentionally removed NI-488.2 driver versions 1.0 through 17.0 from NI Downloads to enable you to quickly identify non-genuine devices so that you do not risk harm to yourself and others, can trust the quality of data in your applications, and are able to return the non-genuine devices and plan accordingly to your timelines.

NI is aware that not all applications can be upgraded to the latest version of the NI-488.2 driver. Please reach out to NI Support if you need access to an older version of the driver. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(886 Views)

Workaround - download NI Device Drivers Feb 2015 - this contains 488.2 v14.0, I don't know if you can install this individually if not worst case, install all the drivers.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/drivers/download.ni-device-drivers.html#327634

You can take this approach if you could not get NI support to share old version.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(878 Views)