Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB-HS Error code -37057

I don't have an ftp site.  I can't attach to this message (434 Mb vs 33 Mb max).  Ask your NI tech support to provide the earlier driver which works, as they did for me (above).  It their job and they should be in the loop to hopefully fix it for everyone.  If you post your e-mail, I can try e-mailing the driver file, but everyone will see your e-mail, which might concern you.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(3,141 Views)

@RocketTester wrote:

I don't have an ftp site.  I can't attach to this message (434 Mb vs 33 Mb max).  Ask your NI tech support to provide the earlier driver which works, as they did for me (above).  It their job and they should be in the loop to hopefully fix it for everyone.  If you post your e-mail, I can try e-mailing the driver file, but everyone will see your e-mail, which might concern you.

You can send files on the Zheka_exe@bk.ru . I will be thankful.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(3,099 Views)

An alternative to getting old drivers is to download the device driver DVD files from NI. It does take some time to find out the right driver release that contains the particular software versions you are looking for.

Example, Feb 2016 driver contains 488.2 v15.5 as per the readme

https://www.ni.com/en-in/support/downloads/drivers/download.ni-device-drivers.html#327636

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(3,083 Views)

We have purchased a lot NI hardware and software program in our business enterprise, however no Service Program so that they may not communicate to us. Seems check they would be involved that it would not even pass the simple "out of box" take a look at inside the state-of-the-art Win 10 sixty four-bit. We aren't trying to use LabView, CVI, or such, handiest third birthday party software program which requires the NI GPIB interface.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(2,922 Views)

I already installed NI-488.2 version 19.5

I want to install version 17.0 that I downloaded.

Do I have to remove version 19.5 first before I install 17.0 ?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(2,878 Views)

Hi. Please, can you help me too?

I'm having the same trouble, and I send a messeage to NI, but I still don't have an answer. I need this to solve some problems for my thesis. 

Please help me, too

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(2,107 Views)

As in the topic, the problem of a large number of adapters :  NI GPIB-USB-HS

From software version 17.6 (NI 488.2) all Chinese adapters (mainly bought on ebay) are detected as not genuine.
So far the solution is to use software version 17.0 (which is also not available on the NI website).

But is this the only solution?
According to me, there should be at least 2 more:
1 - finding a module (entry) in the software which, after detecting an incorrect number, throws this error.
2 - (or even better) find the entry in the adapter's flash memory where the serial number is and change it

Has anyone tried to deal with the topic?
So far, I have not been able to find such an entry neither in the software nor in the memory of the adapter, most likely this value is encrypted in some way.

Although we may be able to achieve something together.

And ....

f..ck ... programmed eeprom 24lc256 (from original unit) serial no (SN) changed in NI MAX but software still sees it as not genuine? WTF?

There is probably something else sewn into the NI TNT5004 chip

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(2,006 Views)

Hello, recently I also encountered the problem that the error code is - 37057 that you discussed on the NI forum a year ago. Can you send me the correct NI-488.2 driver? I can't find the version 1.3.2 on the Internet. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,507 Views)

Error code -37057 indicates that the product may be counterfeit, so please contact NI to determine if the product is genuine.

Changing the driver version is not the root solution.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(1,489 Views)

But the hardware will work well on other computers with the 488.2 driver version 1.3.2 installed

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,484 Views)