Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB-HS Error code -37057

Hello,

Our GPIB-USB-HS works on Windows 7 with NI-488.2 14.0, however when works on Windows 10 with NI-488.2 18.5, error -37057 happened.

This GPIB device is not a genuine National Instruments product and is not supported by the installed NI-488.2 software. Please contact your National Instruments sales representative for more information at ni.com/contact. (Error code:-37057)

I don't the GPIB-USB-HS is not a genuine NI product, and I have registered the instrument.

Please tell how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Rex Cheng

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(7,834 Views)

@RexChng wrote:

Hello,

Our GPIB-USB-HS works on Windows 7 with NI-488.2 14.0, however when works on Windows 10 with NI-488.2 18.5, error -37057 happened.

This GPIB device is not a genuine National Instruments product and is not supported by the installed NI-488.2 software. Please contact your National Instruments sales representative for more information at ni.com/contact. (Error code:-37057)

I don't the GPIB-USB-HS is not a genuine NI product, and I have registered the instrument.

Please tell how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Rex Cheng

Buy and use genuine NI equipment is the way to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(7,801 Views)

Are you kidding me?

The device was ordered from NI. It is genuine NI equipment.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(7,757 Views)

Have you been able to contact an NI engineer? That's odd that it is genuine NI equipment and it only shows up on the newer computer.

Edited to Add: I am running into all sorts of unexplained GPIB-USB problems on our Windows 10 machines that were not existent on our Windows 7 machines. And unfortunately, the IT overlords are forcing us all onto Windows 10 by the end of the year. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(7,735 Views)

Same problem in Win 10 Pro 64-bit 2019 (installed on new PC a month ago).  Initially, we installed VISA because couldn't find an offline install for NI-MAX.  VISA proved to be a deep house-of-cards, needing Windows' WDK, SDK, and Visual Studio 2019.  Uninstalled VISA, but might have left remnants which cause issues.  Found the offline NI-MAX install.  It then showed our GPIB-USB-HS as "not a genuine National Instruments product .."  error code -37056 (differs slightly, but my notes).  At another company site, we use the same GPIB adapter in Win10 64-bit fine, installed from older CD's (recall).  I found their driver file "ni488k.sys" was ver 3.1.0f2 versus our ver 3.1.0.49.154.  I copied the old over the new and MAX then showed the GPIB adaper as OK w/ no message about "not genuine", but the utilities didn't work, giving error -37051 "unknown software problem" from "Test".  The "NI GPIB Interface" utility doesn't get a reply after an ibdev command and hangs up tight (can't shutdown even from Task Manager).  What to try next?  One poster who recently bought a new GPIB-USB-HS (now <$1000) had the same initial "not genuine" error w/ the latest software.

We have purchased much NI hardware and software in our company, but no Service Program so they won't talk to us.  Seems they would be interested that it doesn't even pass the simple "out of box" test in the latest Win 10 64-bit.  We aren't trying to use LabView, CVI, or such, only 3rd party software which requires the NI GPIB interface.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(7,653 Views)

I too face the same issue in my windows 10 PC 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(7,550 Views)

I found the problem occurs in driver ver 17.6 and up, after NI added a check for counterfeit hardware.  They removed all earlier versions from their site (for your convenience) since they didn't have this counterfeit check.  Since so many people report this flagging their GPIB-USB-HS box as counterfeit, even though they bought it directly from NI, it appears to be a software bug.  One guy even posted photos of his circuit board showing a custom NI logo-ed chip, so unlikely counterfeit.

Andrea W of NI Tech Support replied to my web complaint and said she would report it to their R&D team.  In the meantime, she uploaded ver 17.0 to their ftp site for me.  If like me, you may only need the 488.2 drivers (NI-MAX), not a full VISA setup.  Internally, NI refers to the setup as "17.0 488.2".  So, you will need go thru tech support to get this file.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(7,534 Views)

Thank you RocketTester. It sounds good news. Could you please share me the ftp link?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(7,522 Views)

Sure.  Send me a message via this forum's mail and I'll message you back.  Another guy asked and I didn't see the file still in the ftp folder, so you might have to give me your e-mail so I can e-mail you a zip file.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(7,466 Views)

Hello, i have the same problem with gpib-usb-hs. Could you please share me the ftp link which helps me? 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(7,078 Views)