Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB-USB-A

My GPIB-USB-A interface has to be instaalled every time that is plugged in into a Thinkpad laptop (Win XP): "New hardware found". How come?

Gerwim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,336 Views)

Dear Gerwin,

thank you so much for your post on our webforum. Which versin of NI 488 are you using? I noticed some problems with the thinkpad laptop and the older NI 488 drivers. Problem is that the GPIB-USB-A device isn't supported with the latest 488 driver.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,301 Views)

Hi Martijn,

The NI-488.2 version is 2.24, especially selected because it supports the GPIB-USB-A. The device performs perfectly, but -as I said- has to be installed every time it is plugged in. I have another PC (desktop) without problems using the same driver download and the same GPIB-USB-A.

Regards,

Gerwim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,279 Views)

Hello Gerwin,

This is a driver issue specific with the Thinkpad laptop (I noticed some documents regarding this issue where they mentioned this type of laptop). You need a later driver to resolve this issue; however drivers newer than 2.24 don't support the GPIB-USB-A device.

I'm sorry to say that I can't resolve this issue,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,249 Views)

Hi Martijn,

Thanks. We have to get a new HS interface.

Regards,

Gerwim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,229 Views)

To whom it may concern,

We have a old GPIB-USB-A device installed in a very old computer. However, the computer is out of order currently. Is there any driver available for Window 7? 

Many thanks.

KM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,831 Views)