Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluke 8846a to measure temperature using thermocouple.

I am using fluke 8846a to measure temperature using thermocouple. I installed the driver and now I am working on the vi "Fluke 884x series Read temperature measurement.vi" and I am unable to run the VI. It is giving me the error code -1073807339 (Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in Fluke 884X Series.lvlib:Control Mode.vi->Fluke 884X Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi->final_VI.vi). I then installed NI VISA 4.0, still its showing the same error.

How to overcome this error.

As per my understanding, the VI actully reads a single temperature measurement from multimeter and displays it on the front panel of the VI.

Reply me as soon as possible,

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,535 Views)

What type of connection do you have to the instrument? If it's serial, then you could have the wrong com parameters or the wrong type of serial cable (there are two major types). Verify that the com parameters in the VI match how the instrument is set up. Use an ohmeter to check the cable type and see if it matches what the manual describes. Before trying any programming, check communication to the instrument with a terminal emulator program such as Hyperterminal.

If you have a GPIB connection, was MAX able to find an identify the instrument?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,528 Views)

I am using RS-232 Port to connect multimeter with the system. Its still giving me the same VISA error. I am sure that we are using the right cable.

How does the system know that the multimeter is connected ?

we are using the vi as mentioned above.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,452 Views)

The system has no way of knowing that there is an instrument connected to the serial port.

Have you tried communicating to the instrument with a utility program such as Hyperterminal? If it does not work there, then there is no chance that LabVIEW will be able to communicate. Try sending a simple command. *IDN? (if the instrument supports it) is a good test.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,434 Views)

Also as mentioned by Dennis make sure MAX is able to identify the instrument and that the settings in MAX and the instrument are the same

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,425 Views)