From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message Hex 0xBFFF00AA with Keithley 2400 sourcemeter

I've been trying to connect a Keithley 2400 Sourcemeter to a computer using a GPIB USB HS device,

I'm certain that the device drivers have been installed correctly as the device shows up on the VISA interactive control window.

However, whenever I try to send a command I get an error message saying that the interface is non-genuine and that I should contact National Instruments for support.

I wasn't entirely sure where exactly to ask so I decided to ask here, if this is the wrong place, would you kindly direct me to the correct place?

I have attached the error and an image of the GPIB device

Any help would be appreciated

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,298 Views)

This happened to a colleague of mine also. He bought the GPIB Controller from Amazon and assumed it was genuine but I guess it was not. The newer drivers are detecting for a counterfeit unit and won't run now. We ended up buying the controller from the NI website

Message 2 of 5
(3,277 Views)

Thanks for the tip, I was told that it was fully operational prior to my use, however, I may have to contact NI technical support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,245 Views)

Hey adam_p24,

Absolutely - the error message is indicating the device appears to be counterfeit. I'd recommend contacting our technical support and if needed the seller for support and/or a refund.

Kind regards, 

Rebecca

Message 5 of 5
(3,227 Views)