Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error BFFF0015 on viRead occurred at Rohde&Schwarz FSV

Solved!
Go to solution

heyy,

i'm working with a Rohde & Schwarz FSV Signal/Spectrum Analyzer. I want to create an application via Microsoft Visual Basic Express 2010 which connects to the Spectrum analyzer using a GPIB-USB connector (here GPIB-USB-HS from NI). Therefore i download this Sample Program in VB.Net from the R&S Website.

For using this example a driver (rsspecan) from R&S is needed to work with the device. The import from the driver in my Microsoft Visual Basic Express 2010 Project works fine and I'm able to access the api functions.

The example program mentioned above caused a timeout error (BFFF0015) when reading data with the function "m_Instrument.QueryTDomPowerResult(1, 0, 0, resultPeak)".

With the NI Trace program i could extract the Visa commands:

capture_gpib.jpg

Do you have any ideas? Any input would be appreaciated.

Im using:

Software:

Win7 64 Bit

Microsoft Visual Basic Express 2010

NI-VISA 5.1.1.

NI-488.2 Version 2.8.1

rsspecan Instrument Driver for 64 Bit Applications (look www.rohde-schwarz.com)

Hardware:

R&S FSV

GPIB-USB-HS from NI

Thanks Andyy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,139 Views)

Hi, please contact the R&S customer support. They can help! 🙂 BR j.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,129 Views)

heyy, okay i'll try that.

Offtopic: Do you know whether it's possible to connect to the FSV via remote desktop connection using the standard windows "Remote Desktop" Tool? I've tried and i come to the login screen. But i wasn't able to login via the standard parameter "instrument|instrument". In another manual (well it's from 2007) i realised that the fsv doesn't support this type of remote connection, is that true?

Thanks for reply!

Andyy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,117 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AndyMeyers

this works, user: instrument password: 894129 (R&S headquarter phone number)

note the resolution should be bigger than 1024x768 to have the "Softfrontpanel" available. press F6 to dis-/enable it (http://www2.rohde-schwarz.com/en/service_and_support/Downloads/Application_Notes?type=20&downid=2499...

VNC works as well, see: http://www2.rohde-schwarz.com/en/service_and_support/Downloads/Application_Notes?type=20&downid=5141

br j.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,114 Views)

Yeahh works fine! Thanks for help!

br andyy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,101 Views)