Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1722 when installing VISA and 488 on Windows Server 2012

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to install NIVISA1700Full and NI4882_1700f0 on a bare bones Windows Server 2012R2 installation. Both of them allow Winzip to unpack them and start the installer. After going with all of the default choices installation begins and gets to about 30% (on the VISA installation) when a pop up appears:

The "NI MXS 17.0.0" installation has failed with the following error:

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Continue?

Choosing yes immediately causes the installer to fail. Both packages were downloaded from NI and both have worked on a Win10 laptop I have. I have copied them from the source a couple of times and it isn't a copying error.

After searching I found this (https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/NI-VISA-install-errors-on-Windows-2008-R2/m-...) thread about a similar situation Win2k* server without resolution. Per that thread this is just a base server + drivers installation. No anti-virus is present and remote desktop (server or client) is not enabled. Here are the logs from the setup, note that I didn't contact the server for updates during the setup log creation as it had already failed in previous attempts.

I'm sure this is just a server thing since these have worked on Windows 10 installs. Any help is appreciated. As a note to the NI guys I'm just across 35 on Parmer if you'd like to stop by.Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Simon

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,891 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SimonAG

Apparently NI doesn't write code that likes to live in 2098. Thanks to my buddy who pointed out the time was wrong!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,851 Views)