Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1210 occurred at gx3x0 Configure.vi

Hi,
I have been tring to open metrix_gx3x0_example.vi , but i stuck in opening it with Labview 2016 32bits.
Could you please save it as 2016 version?

Kind regards,

Balazs

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,245 Views)

Hi Balazs,

Saved in 2014, will open in any newer version.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,239 Views)

Case 1:

In the very beginning i was not sure if i should have had changed COM4 port settings in windows10 or not, so i did as follows:
comport.jpg
As you can se there is no setting of "Hardware (RTS/CTS)" that we would need for.
I started to run your code and still no communication between Metrix GX 320. No error message received like before. I changed everyting e.g.: main out, duty cycle, etc..

Case 2:
I then changed COM4 port settings to default in windows10.
I started to run your code and still no communication between Metrix GX 320. No error message received like before. I changed everyting e.g.: main out, duty cycle, etc..

Should not we change COM4 port settings programmatically?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,229 Views)

The problem was with the way you had the driver VIs wired together improperly.  You should not need to change the COM port settings.  Do you have  a record of what they should be?  What does the manual say they should be? Try 9600 baud again.     

Make sure NI-MAX is closed before you try the program.  Re-boot the computer.  If you can, plug the cable into a different port and see if its detected automatically.  Make sure NI-MAX is closed and try that com port with LabVIEW.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,224 Views)

Hi,

Yes, I have record what they should be. :

Metrix GX 320 Datesheet reads :
'The new COM port is configured as follows:
- speed: 19200 bauds
- data bits: 8
- parity: none
- stop bit: 1
- protocol: hardware (RTS / CTS)'

I can communicate with instrument only in NI MAX. (I get response for *idn? after i changed COM4 settings for above)

But in labview we can't change COM settings, right?

Kind regards, 
Balázs

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,203 Views)

If you can now communicate with it in NI-MAX then it should work in LabVIEW also, no need to try to change the settings!

Just close NI-MAX, open LabVIEW and try the code I posted last week.  Let me know if that works for you.  Make sure you select COM4.  Use highlight execution if you get errors and report where in the code they occur.  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT6PLvpfpxE)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,201 Views)

Hi,

I gave it a try today. I ran your code again with default COM port settings and there was no communication between labview and metrix gx-320. Labview showed me no error message by the way.

I thank you for your technical support anyway.

Kind regards,
Balázs

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,187 Views)