Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1074135030 and hyper-terminal failure while communicating with the power supply

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I am using serial port to communicate with power supply XG 8-100 (XG series) by Xantrex(Sorensen).

I could n't find the driver in IDNE but I found one in company site that is  http://www.programmablepower.com/products/XTR/XTR_Downloads.htm , when I run the example I recieve the below error:

Error -1074135030 occurred at DC850W Initialize With Options.vi

Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFA000A) Check that the library name (C:\DC850W\DC850W_32.dll) and prefix (DC850W) are correct.

I do not know what is the problem with the library name that makes such a problem.

FYI, I tried to communicate with the device using the hyper terminal but there is no response. When I check MAX , it seems everything is OK as the status is : the device is working properly!

Do you have any suggestion for me?

Any help or suggestions appreciated as I 'm messed up with that and I do not know how to go further.

Ela 

Message Edited by elahetal on 03-24-2010 09:22 PM
Message Edited by elahetal on 03-24-2010 09:23 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 48
(5,673 Views)

First of all, the status in MAX is referring to the com port of the pc. It has nothing at all to do with the status of whatever you have connected to it.

Second, make sure you have the IVI compliance package installed.

Third, if you don't get a response with Hyperterminal, you are wasting your time trying to use the driver. Fix the basic communication problem first. Use a different cable, com settings, etc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 48
(5,645 Views)

Hello Ela,

I would verify that the driver you downloaded is specifically for the instrument you are using.  Also, Dennis is correct that you should try establishing communication via hyperterminal first.  I would try talking to the company to see if there is anything they recommend first for establishing communication.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 48
(5,622 Views)

Thanks for your inputs,

I am going to change the cable today and test the hyper-terminal communication again and keep you posted. 

BR,

Ela 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 48
(5,615 Views)
Be sure to try both types of serial cable - null modem and straight-through.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 48
(5,610 Views)
OK , I'll do but in the manual only it has mentioned to null modem wiring .I used that with DB25 and doesn't worked . I used USB port (USB-Serial converter) and failed now I am going to use DB9 with both kind of wiring hope it works.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 48
(5,602 Views)

HI ,

I changed the cable and still have problem with communicating with the device. I tried both modem null and straight through for wirring.

I wanna to attarct your attention to this point that my device use RJ45 port for serial communication. there are two 8 pins RJ45 on the device side that one used for connection to PC and the other one used for remot control. In my case, that I want to control the device using PC, I have used only one of the RJ45 and have connected it to DB9 on the PC.

I followed step by step instructions in the manual but no results. I need your help. 

thank, Ela 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 48
(5,576 Views)

Hello,

My problem about Hyper terminal communication is  solved. I went forward for LV code, I started with " initialize function", I have the previous error code, anybody can help me??

Thanks,

Ela

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 48
(5,568 Views)

Is there anybody, who can help???

I have tried serial write and read example for my device and it works but I do not know why I have that error when using its own driver? any help/suggestion/comment will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Ela 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 48
(5,557 Views)
One, that is not a company site. Two, the driver there does not mention that it is for an XG series. It says its for a DC850W. Are you sure it's the same as your model? Third, do you know for a fact that the driver supports RS-232? Fourth, did you install the driver and IVI compliance package correctly? Where is the dll installed? Fifth, do you have to use IVI? There are LabVIEW drivers available for other models. You might be better off modifying those to work with the supply you have. You cannot edit an IVI driver unless you have LabWindows/CVI as well as the source code. Lastly, ask that comapny where they got the driver from. Was it Xantrex itself?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 48
(5,550 Views)