Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enet 1000 with Enet 100 driver?

Dear all,

I want to upgrade an analytical system with the Enet 1000 und Win 7. The same setup is working with a Enet under XP.

Is it possible to use the Enet 1000 with an Enet 100 driver? I can`t get the 488.2 driver 2.81 to work with my application. Rewriting is no option I am not a programmer and the source code is (and will be) not available.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,635 Views)

Hi Stephan,

what kind of ENET 100 driver are you talking about? There is only a NI-488.2 in different versions, where the version apply to both types equally.

Both devices use the NI 488.2 driver and API. If both devices support the functions you are using your application should continue working because you normally just call the API functions and the driver does the specifics for you.

Best regards

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,611 Views)

Hi Christoph,

thank you for your reply.

I am talking about the NI 488.2 driver package. I think in the Version 2.8 are some differences in the API my program can`t handle. So my idea was to take a older version, like the NI 488.2 2.2, for which I know my program knows it. Unfortunately there is no ENET/1000 present. Only the ENET/100.

I don`t know if I can configure a ENET/100 and use a ENET/1000.

I hope this clarifies my problem a little.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards

Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,607 Views)

Hi Stephan,

if you dont have access to the source code and the program only works with NI-488.2 2.2 for some reason and the newer ENET 1000 modell has not been available it is very unlikely that the old 2.2 driver supports the new ENET 1000. But without any garantee you can try install the old driver. But I dont think that would work for another reason. Your LV version (which one) should be at least LabVIEW 8.5 if you tried the 2.8 version, but 2.2 is only supported until LabVIEW 7.1.

So I am not too optimistic in this case. Without the source code you will have a hard time using the new driver and a new device.

LabVIEW and NI-488.2 Version Compatibility - National Instruments
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2BFCEE471BECB95F862574020059117E

Best regards

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,604 Views)

Hi Christoph,

I forgot to mention. My program is not a Labview prog!

It`s a control software from a company not mor existing. The program is working with the original NI 488.2 driver package.

The first version was the 1.7 but I tried up to version 2.2 with success. In the very first versions of the prog there was a ISA GPIB card and afterwards a PCI card.

I "upgraded" to the ENET and ENET/100 with original drivers from NI very succesful. But for the driver version 2.8 it seems there must be something rewritten.

As I don`t have access to the code and also being not a programmer I have to try other solutions.

I`ll try with a version < 2.8. If this won`t work I try to use the GPIB-USB-HS and a USB to LAN converter.

I let you know how it ends.

best regards

Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,599 Views)