Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR - 1073807178 Incompatible bcdUSB value (expected 0x110 or greater)

Hi Guys

I am trying to control R&S®NRP-Z23 with PyVISA but the device cannot be detected by PyVISA. However when I check it in NI-MAX it shows the device is there but it  is shown as Miscellaneous VISA Resources. And then I found it in VISA driver wizard. When I was trying to install the driver the following msg popped out:

Incompatible bcdUSB value (expected 0x110 or greater)

I have checked a similiar message in this forum and tried everything I can but it didn't work. I am a new guy in controlling equipment with python and I really need you guys to help me out. 

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,255 Views)

@Peixiang wrote:

Hi Guys

I am trying to control R&S®NRP-Z23 with PyVISA but the device cannot be detected by PyVISA. However when I check it in NI-MAX it shows the device is there but it  is shown as Miscellaneous VISA Resources. And then I found it in VISA driver wizard. When I was trying to install the driver the following msg popped out:

Incompatible bcdUSB value (expected 0x110 or greater)

I have checked a similiar message in this forum and tried everything I can but it didn't work. I am a new guy in controlling equipment with python and I really need you guys to help me out. 

Thanks!!

Since you are using non-NI products, what makes you expect support here on a NI forum?

Contact the people who wrote PyVISA.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,237 Views)