Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate GPIB address

微信图片_20221103205623.png

It seems that all 0~30 addresses are used, but actually there is only one device.

I don't know why.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,020 Views)

What GPIB card do you use?

Worth resetting the NI MAX database.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,008 Views)

Looks like your device uses Secondary Addresses.  While uncommon, it is a valid GPIB setup.  Can you supply more information on the device you are trying to communicate with?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,002 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

The GPIB card is Keysight-82357B, and the device is Keithley 2410.

I've encountered the same situation twice in the past ten years. The last time is NI-PCI GPIB cards + Kepco power supplies.Keysight-82357B.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(985 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

I never know the trigger condition of the secondary address. Actually, only GPIB0::24::10 INSTR is valid.

The equipment combination is keysight-823578 + Keithey 2410.

It seems that GPIB card is constantly looking for device address...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(983 Views)

You should just send and receive commands from "GPIB0::24::Instr" in your case. Ignore the secondary addresses with all Keithley instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(956 Views)

Thank you.

I think you are right.

The problem is that the list of device addresses is too long to find a right one if there are more instruments, so I want to clear it.

Do you have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(943 Views)