Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver for HP 3478A digital multimeter

Hi all,
I try to retrieve data from a HP 3478A digital multimeter through GPIB
interface....
I'm using LabView 5.1 and i don't find the appropriate driver
Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,989 Views)
Ramzi CHARFI wrote:

> Hi all,
> I try to retrieve data from a HP 3478A digital multimeter through GPIB
> interface....
> I'm using LabView 5.1 and i don't find the appropriate driver
> Thanks in advance!

I have a homemade version I can e-mail to you
it is not that large and is probably not a complete
command set. We use it quite often

Let me know.
Kevin Kent
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,987 Views)
Hi, Kevin B. Kent,

I'm currently in the same situation where I cannot get hold of a adequately functioning VI for the HP 3478A DMM. I would greatly appreciate your help on the matter. If it's not too much trouble for you, could you please email your homemade VI for this device to me.
Thanks in advance,
Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,987 Views)
Hi Kevin,

I am among the many users of the 3478A HP Multimeter (HPIB) and am adding it into an already complete research tool as a means for feedback and monitoring.  However, I do not have the manual for it (and thus the commands for interfacing with it in labview).  I tried to get the manual from the HP site, but it seems that Hewlett Packard has abandoned us engineers and researchers as I couldn't get as much as a technical reference to it.  It's nowhere to be found on there site....

Basically,  would you mind it if I could get a copy of your .VI to interface with the HP 3478A as well?

Or better, if anyone has a copy of the manual for the HP 3478A Multimeter (or even a simple list of interface commands, I just need to read the current(mA)...that's all), could you please forward it to me or help me out in finding it?

Thanks so much,

Jonathan Frey

Message 4 of 6
(7,881 Views)
Asking someone a question from a post 2 years old is probably not going to get a response from that person. Have you tried the driver from NI? It can be downloaded from http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=E3B19B3E96A2659CE034080020E74861. I use a similar one modified to use VISA instead of the GPIB functions. If the driver doesn't work for you and you have some other questions, I might be able to find a manual.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,876 Views)

Is this driver still useful?

I tried it with Labview 2010. It doesn't work at all.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,546 Views)