From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download data/data logging Keithley 2636A

Hi, I have a GPIB-HS+ cable connected to a Keithley instrument, 2636A. 
I am trying to 1. download a data trace from the instrument buffer. 2. do some real-time sampling from the instrument to LabView on my computer. 

I understand that the sampling limit in real time with LabView (when you're not just downloading data but doing real time data logging) is limited to 5 samples/second (or sth), is that correct and has anyone found any way around it? 

Secondly, I use this program to attempt a download from the instrument 2636A buffer to a CSV file, but it doesn't work. Are there any suggestions as to what I should edit to make this work?  It's a simple program and it should download whatever data is already in smuabuffer1. 

lodhi33_0-1613061657272.png

Thirdly, for the real time data logging program, I am trying to edit the resistance measurement example for 2636A. I want to put the measurement block in a loop (for loop or maybe a time loop) instead of triggering the instrument in a loop. Am I on the right track? And how do I store the values that I am getting into a buffer in labview (before I write to an excel file)? 

Thank you very much! Any help/guidance is appreciated as I am very new to labview. 

lodhi33_1-1613063678549.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(778 Views)