Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the DAQ 9265 need live update?

Hey Everyone,

So I am current working on using the DAQ 9265 to output a current to regulate the intensity of the laser we are using in my lab.

I had two questions about the DAQ 9265 that I could not find the answer to:

1.) Can the DAQ 9265 be sent a large chunk of data at one time and run through that data or does it need to be constantly sent little chunks of data?

I was wondering this because I wanted to know if I could send the DAQ 9265 a waveform I generated and it could output current based on the values of that waveform over time or would I have to constantly update it by sending values from the wave form one at a time.

2.) What is the data storage capacity of the DAQ 9265? If I could send a waveform to it and have it output values based on it over time, what the most data in the waveform I could send (Like how many data points)?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,487 Views)

Hi TyHammer125,

The 9265 card does not have any onboard memory so there is no way to preload a waveform into the card.  However, you can use LabVIEW to process the waveform and determine what current needs to be sent your device based on those results.  The processing will all be done on the computer that your chassis is hooked up to.

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,472 Views)