From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know if labview can communicate with these zigbee receivers?

I have this zigbee kit:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13197

and currently have a serial device connected to the transmitter end which is connected to an arduino that wirelessly sends a string value when commanded by the arduino to the zigbee reciever that is connected to my pc over the serial to usb converter cable. I can read the strings in the zigbee terminal program (XCTU) but would like to read them in labview so that I can graph the strings. Has anyone ever tried this before with these xbee nodes? Will labview serial read from an always on node (assuming I vconfigured it in recieve mode in XCTU first) if I just do a serial read on the xbee com port?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,358 Views)

labview212,

The driver for the xbee will create a virtual COM port on your pc when the zigbee xbee is connected via usb cable.  You can verify this in device manager.  NI-VISA functions in LabVIEW will allow you to directly communicate using this port.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,341 Views)