Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device myDAQ not available for NI VISA (Interactive Control) but it shows up in NI MAX

Hi There. I try to use a myDAQ device on a WIndows 10 64 Bit device with Ni VISA 19.0 and Ni DAQmx 19.5 installed. (also tested with various other (older) versions). The device is connected via USB and it shows up as "myDAQ1" in Ni MAX. However, without the typical specification of a "VISA Resource Name". (see attached screenshot1.png).

Starting NI-VISA Interactive control, no device shows up and a error shows up: "VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0011" insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system". (see screenshot2.png). What could be the main problem here? Normally this should work plug&play right away. Like I pointed out: the test panels and "self-test", available in NI MAX, work out fine.

My aim would be to communicate with the device via pyvisa in the end. But in lack of the device showing up in VISA interactive Control, I end up getting a empty tuple returned by calling on the resource manager "list_resources()".

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,053 Views)

According to this article, Setting Up Your NI myDAQ ELVISmx driver software is required.

Have you already installed it?

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,016 Views)