From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device does not show up in VISA resource name list or MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have an issue with my R&S HMP2030 power supply.I have it connected to the PC via a USB cable. I selected the USB mode on the device panel and installed the drivers supplied by the company. The problem is, that I can not see the device, or any USB device for that matter, when I try to select the VISA Resource Name. The deice does not show up in NI MAX either.

I tried using the NI VISA Driver-Wizard to make a driver but even after I made a certificate and signed it windows(8.1) would not accept it. I just got a message saying an error occurred, with no details as to what that error was.
What am I doing wrong? Could you please help me.

Regards

13232132.PNG

3333.PNG222222222222.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,622 Views)

I am not sure why you feel it necessary to use the NI VISA Driver wizard.

Their driver supposedly creates a virtual com port.

I suggest you talk to them.

Message 2 of 4
(4,595 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author asteele77

Hi there,

I’ve found a similar problem encountered by another member with an R&S HMP power supply. The solution in that case was to configure the virtual communication port (VCP) to recognise in MAX. It should be activated if you look under the branch – Ports (COM & LPT). Your device should read something like – HAMEG HO720 USB Serial Port (VCP). The link is included below:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/hameg/td-p/2380558

See if this gets it working. Let me know the outcome! If that doesn’t work, we’ll try something else.

Thanks,

William C

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Message 3 of 4
(4,588 Views)

Thanks for the reply. What you both said was correct I needed to enable the Virtual COM Port option in the driver settings menu. The trick was to disconnect the device afterwards and when I reconnected it it started working.

Cheers

asdasd.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,584 Views)