Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data monitor application using GPIB-USB-HS+

Please tell me about creating an application that monitors GPIB control command communication from a PC to a measuring instrument.(I want to create an application like NI GPIB analyzer)

1. Do I need to set the NI-driver(NI-488.2, NI-VISA) differently from normal GIPB communication to use it as a communication monitor?

2. If the communication monitor-specific settings are required, how can I set the NI driver (NI-488.2, NI-VISA) to control the GPIB-USB-HS+ in monitor mode?
If possible, show me the sample code.
The development language is C# and OS is Windows 10(64).

I am at a level where I can create a simple application that uses GPIB-USB-HS+ to control measuring instruments.
Best regards.

PCから測定機へのGPIB制御コマンド通信をモニタするアプリケーションの作成について教えてください。
(NI社のGPIBアナライザのようなアプリケーションを作成したい)

1.通信モニタとして使用するには、NIドライバに対し通常のGIPB通信とは別の設定が必要でしょうか?
2.通信モニタ専用の設定が必要な場合、GPIB-USB-HS+ をモニタモードで制御するための、NIドライバ(NI-488.2,NI-VISA)の設定方法を教えてください。
もし可能であれば、サンプルコードを見せてください。
開発言語はC#、OSはWindows10(64)です。
私はGPIB-USB-HS+を使用し測定機器を制御する簡単なアプリケーションであれば作成することができるレベルです。
よろしくお願いします。

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,424 Views)

Please take a look at NI IO Trace. It allows you to monitor the instrument interactions across a wide variety of instruments.

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000PAr6SAG&l=en-US

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370430H-01/ni_ivihelp/analyzing_your_program_with_ni_spy/

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 3
(1,369 Views)

Thank you for your advice.

"NI I/O Trace" did not display the analysis result of "NI GPIB Analzer". ("NI GPIB Analzer" does not seem to use NI-VISA)
From the above, To create a data monitor application with GIPB-USB-HS+,
I understand the need to look for another way without NI-VISA.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,351 Views)