From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC power source and serial port

Hi everyone,
                         I am a chemist and want to use DC power source from TOELLNER. The instrument is TOE 8952. The company toellner has provided a a labview dll. i want to increase and decrease voltage using labview. I have learned meanwhile to communicate with the instrument and write small programme to initiate the serial port. But i am unable to increase the voltage in as stepwise way or decrase it. Does anyone has some idea for me.

I use labview 8.2
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,923 Views)
They have a LabVIEW driver that you do not need to interface to a dll. Why don't you try that. If you really want to use the dll, it would help if you provided the dll, .h, and the code you've written. I don't have any experience with that make and model and have only a few posts that mention Toellner so more details on what your problem is would be nice.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,919 Views)
Great to hear!

sorry i meant the driver not the dll. the driver i have downloaded, i have used and it works. but i want to write new code for my purpose  using this driver and there i have stuck up

so the process is like following

it is called anodization of aluminium to prepare an oxide layer on Aluminium. It is done at constant voltage  or constant current. So one sets the parameter and runs the instrument for required amount of time. Actually thats it, when explained in a simple way.

MY PROBLEM is

1) i want the voltage be set to a fixed value lets say 20V
2)After approx. 4 hours it should be decresed 0.1V/5min to 0.1V
3)Increase back to 20V in the similar fashion
all this through labview

As i am doing it of my own by trial and error, i came to the position of writing simplereader_serial.vi
I have attached this and the driver file
The simplereader_serial .vi is the code what i have written with the use of .vi´s from the TOELLNER (the zip file TOE8950-LT-V6.00.
hope this helps to give you some tips or much further
till next time
JP
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,893 Views)
I don't quite understand what your VI is supposed to do. You have a VISA Bytes at Serial Port and that will determine whether you run the subVI but there will not be any bytes to read until you send a command to the instrument requesting some data. Even if the case was true, all you would be requesting from the instrument is OPC (Operation Complete?) and this should alwasy be true because you are not doing an operation.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,883 Views)