Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling OPUS by Bruker with Labview

Solved!
Go to solution

can you please send me a copy too?

thx

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 39
(3,670 Views)

Hi,

I'm sorry to dig out this post but i have a problem.

I want to control OPUS by bruker with LabVIEW and i try to do it with DDE.

DDE is outdated.

So now I want to control it with activeX. I already done some research but it's impossible !

I can't find the OPUSCMD like you said before.

I already open all files of OPUS and no OPUSCMD.

I really want to control OPUS with activeX. I tried with Excel and it worked fine.

Can you help to find the OPUSCMD or VBToolkit program ?

Regards

ps: Really sorry for my poor english.

Yotipp

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 39
(3,557 Views)

I am using version 7.2 would this tool kit work on this version? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 33 of 39
(3,472 Views)

Thanks to the great work by the first responder (and MANY other resources), I was able to design a VI that starts OPUS 7.2, gives the option of running a .MTX macro file in OPUS, and may abort that operation and close OPUS on completion of the last macro loop. It's a fairly basic VI, tailored towards what I need it to do, but is certainly capable of being adjusted and tweaked however one may please. There are definitely some parts that I could have designed better in this VI, but under my time constraint and for the purpose of updating the current solution on this thread, this will do. 

I've attached my VI to this message, which also contains my contact info. If you choose to contact me: 1) Please have a clearly formulated question, 2) Please include screenshots of your block diagram and front panel, 3) Please do not expect me to have the right answer, and 4) Understand that I am not obligated to answer.

Searching for the solution to this problem was a very instructive experience, and if you have some time to devote to it, I would highly recommend piecing it together yourself rather than copying my design. 

Best of Luck, 

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 39
(3,293 Views)

Does anyone have this opus.dll and could send it? It woud be still the easiest way for me. In the case of communication with opus by vbs i've got some missing files but that I will more preciselly send for author by mail

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 39
(3,176 Views)

I bought a copy from Bruker earlier in the year...$300.

Message 36 of 39
(2,591 Views)

Hello,

Can you send me also a copy  please ? the link is dead..

thinks for your help 

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 39
(2,513 Views)

Hi,

I also acquired the vb toolkit some years ago. However, it is not possible to install it on a "new" windows 7. They might have changed the software? Did anyone else encounter this problem? Just copying the OPUSCMD*.dll to the system32 folder doesnt help, since it needs to be registered properly.

Nils

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 39
(2,468 Views)

Hi guys! 

I know that the first post is quite old, but, I have the same trouble must of you have already encountered when trying to connect to OPUS using the ActiveX module in Labview. I mean, I can't define the "Automation refnum" because it seems that the corresponding DLL (OPUSCMD) is not directly provided by Brucker (OPUS 7.2), and right now I can't afford to buy the VBtoolkit. In addition, I am working on Windows 7, so according to last post (Nils) it won't work.

Looking at your answers it seems that DDE connection doesn't work properly either. Have you found another way to do it?

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 39
(2,077 Views)