Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Mettler Toledo scale (ML3002T), there are no Labview Drivers for this scale

I need to be able to tare(zero) a scale with labview. The scale I'm using is the Mettler Toledo ML3002T. There are no drivers for this scale in labview. I also need to get the current weight displayed by the scale. Mettler Toledo scales use MT-SICS to send commands to the scales. Is it possible to be able to send those commands with labview to the scale? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,372 Views)

I am guessing that MT-SICS is proprietary software provided by Mettler since you do not say what it is.

You can try to figure out what commands are being sent and the protocol is.

But unless they help you, you are just guessing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,338 Views)

I managed to find the command set for the Mettler Toledo Standard Interface Command Set (MT-SICS) here: https://www.mt.com/mt_ext_files/Editorial/Generic/7/MT-SICS_for_Excellence_Balances_BA_Editorial-Gen....  You should be able to do everything you need from there using a simple RS-232 interface.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,331 Views)

I'm using a USB connection to the scale. If I use a VISA read to get a buffer reading it will display the stable weight, but I don't know how to write the commands from the MT-SICS in labview to the scale. I tried to use a VISA write to send the MT-SICS commands. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,289 Views)

@ErickCapistran wrote:

I tried to use a VISA write to send the MT-SICS commands. 

That is the function you should be using.  But do make sure your commands are exactly correct, including the Carriage Return and Line Feed to terminate the commands.  If your string is in "\ Codes" display, it will end with "\r\n".  Or you can use Concatenate String with an End Of Line Constant (assuming Windows).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,280 Views)