Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling ADALM1000 (M1K) from Analog Devices

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use the ADALM1000 device from Analog Devices as a SMU, by controlling it with LabVIEW. This device has two channels from which you can chose to measure a voltage, source a voltage and measure a current, or source a current and measure a voltage.
There is a software (PixelPulse) that allows to do all of that but I need to be able to do it in LabVIEW, at least I need to be able to source a voltage and measure a current to plot IV curves. 

So I was wondering if anyone has been able or tried to do that yet?

Up to now, I went through the source code of PixelPulse (which is available on the github of analog devices), to understand how to control the device. Since I am not really good in C, I still don't get everything but I know what library it is using (libsmu).
I was thinking of using this library in LabVIEW using those instructions (http://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Program-Drafts/Using-Existing-C-Code-or-a-DLL-in-LabVIEW/ta-p/349923...), but I don't know if this is a good solution and if I will be able to use it afterwards.

Thanks in advance for you opinion on the matter! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,207 Views)

Heyyy, could you figure out how to do it? I'm trying to do the same thing but I can't find any drivers to control the SMU with LabVIEW. If you know now any help would be very useful, thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,476 Views)

Bump, This would be awesome to have. Anyone out there have a solution?

Thank you,

-Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,613 Views)