From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control and acquisition of data over LAN port

Hello All,

I have data acquisition system, which has got LAN interface with PC.

I would like to program in LabView to control and acquire data. But drivers are not available from OEM.

If I can read packets then OEM will provide data format to build driver.

Can anyone help me with the prcoess of reading and confirming data packets from LAN port and also further process of developing driver. if any example or ebook related to my requirement available please provide link.

thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,999 Views)

Without knowing the data protocol, there is not much we can do to help.  But to get you started, be sure to look at the TCP/IP examples.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,974 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

Yes I understand.

Can you guide me, I have to read TCP packets by creating Server and Client terminal in PC only ?

Or

I have to connect my data acquisition system which act as client and my PC as server.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,972 Views)

Generally, the instruments act as the server/listener.  You should just have to connect and do whatever communications is needed.

Depending on the connection, you may even be able to use VISA (just to muddy up the waters some more).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,965 Views)