Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting PCMCIA-GPIB interface card to PC?

I have a  PCMCIA-GPIB interface card, but I don't have the Laptop to use this card. So, I want to use this card with my PC.
What kind of adaptor should I look for ? [ and can I use this card with PC at all?]

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,167 Views)

Hello zs,

You will need a PCI to PCMCIA adapter.  I did a quick google search and found this example.

However, as you mentioned, National Instruments devices are not tested this way, so I cannot guarantee it will work.  You may want to look into PCI-GPIB cards or USB-GPIB devices as plan B.

Have a great day.

O. Proulx
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,152 Views)
Thanks a lot for your help!

If I buy only NI GPIB-USB-HS and using Labview software, can I control the instrument? (Does it mean I don't need any interface card?)

Thanks
Zahra

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,142 Views)
The GPIB-USB-HS, PCI-GPIB, and PCMCIA-GPIB are functionally equivalent with some differences in latency and high speed data transfers. Any of them will control GPIB instruments and all can be used with LabVIEW and with the same LabVIEW functions.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,136 Views)

Thanks a lot for your quick reply!

zahra

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,131 Views)

I tried my PCMCIA-GPIB with a PCMCIA PC Card CardBus to PCI Adapter Converter Card in order to use it on a PC Computer.

I bought on Amazon for 14.98 euro. See the site:

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B01C86JQNK/ref=pe_2069431_67568881_TE_item

The windows Xp recognize it immediately as chipset RICOH R5C485.

It work very well. I installed drivers for PCMCIA-GPIB  and I used it with a PC computer with Windows XP.

Regards

Alfa65

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,141 Views)