Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting LabVIEW with Thorlabs PAX5710 polarimeter

Dear users,

I have troubles in Thorlabs PAX5710 polarimeter control through LabVIEW. LabVIEW fails to initialize a polarimeter with this error - Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFC0808) wrong or no card(s) at specified location(s) or card(s) not ready within time limit. However hardware is OK and works fine with Thorlabs software. The device is seen in MAX. Latest drivers and software installed (a source is Thorlabs download page and NI VISA driver database). It is worth saying that VISA driver for this polarimeter is not certified and its installation procedure differs from one for certified drivers.
Is there anyone who used this device or familiar with such errors? Can you please help? I am new to LabVIEW, sorry if forgot to mention something about the situation.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,333 Views)

Problem is fixed, remove the thread, please.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,314 Views)

Hello, now i have the same problem with you. I also use PAX5710 polarimeter. Can you tell me how to solve the problem? please.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,147 Views)

There is a file named example.vi or something like this somewhere in vi libraries of installed Thorlabs polarimeter LabVIEW driver. Run it and try to initialize a polarimeter from different ports (you can choose ports right there in example.vi interface).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,139 Views)
Hello, I'm also having the same issue with this device. I already changed the slot in the Sample PAX.vi provided by Thorlabs but so far it all has been worthless. I went to a slot up to 10. Should I go further. Does anybody has a different solution? Thanks in advance, Filipe Velosa
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,222 Views)

Problem solved. Out-dated drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,201 Views)