Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting 2 GPIB together

Hey there,

I was wondering if someone could help me which connector to select for connecting two NI-HS-USB GPIB together. Can someone tell me the exact part number?

Thanks

-Shehryar Humayun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,047 Views)
You would use any GPIB cable you want from any number of vendors. NI, L-Com, Agilent, and many others sell them. Use google to find them and pick the length you need. I assume you are going to use this for pc to pc. That's an expensive and complicated method of communication. What's the point?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,042 Views)

Thanks.

Yes i need this for pc-pc communication. I have to prepare a test bench for a tt&c station as a part of my project in college. I already have 2 NI, USB-GPIB. Can u tell me the exact Part number from NI site. I don't need much length. Any length would be ok. Actually i don't understand which one to select because on NI site there are numerous, Reverse adaptor, X1 etc etc. I dont know whether they are female or male. 

So if u can just pin point one connector i can go with (for pc-pc GPIB USB), that would be really helpful.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,036 Views)

As Dennis told you, any gpib cable would do.

There must be around when having gpib instruments.

Just plug one GPIB into the cable and on the other end plug the other.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,033 Views)
And it would be so much simpler (and cheaper) to use a network connection. Since you know nothing about GPIB, why are you doing this?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,030 Views)