From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to climate/temperature chamber in LabVIEW

Yes I have contacted the local agent for Weiss in Australia and LabVIEW drivers do not exist. They want you to buy their Simpati software to control the oven instead.

Seems like I have a coding challenge ahead of me!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,127 Views)

Did you get any luck on creating a LabVIEW driver/code to control the climate chamber?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(812 Views)

If it is the same manual as above, it is doable via VISA serial IO.

If uou need help. Just ask what you really need instead of coding all.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(806 Views)

It is the same manual.

Firstly I'm a bit confused on what commands you can sent to it. I've tried connecting via NI MAX and did a visa test Panel in hopes of sending a command and checking the visa connection that way. But so far I have not been able to get a respone form the climate champer sending. I have tried sending both "{STX}z?E8{ETX}" as well as "$01I<CR>" but I keep getting timeout errors as there are no respons.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(785 Views)

Maybe you can send an example vi with the string you asked and all the settings of the serial port?

It could be that the system requires a bit more coding, better initialization, or better hardware wiring.

I can look at all three but not without more information from your side.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(777 Views)

Hello,

It's just to share my experience (that's why I don't open a new topic), as I also had to control a Weiss Climatic Chamber (using an Ethernet connection in my case).

I installed the Simpati software (evaluation only - V4.80), and after I configured the communication with the climatic chamber, I now only use a TCP/IP communication with the Simpati server to control the climatic chamber (you can find the protocol definition in the documentation installed with Simpati).

I can not garantee it, but it seems that there is no license needed for this part. I just prepared a script to launch SimCreate.exe, SimC3k.exe (depends on your model I suppose), then SimServ.exe -P7777 -start when the computer starts (note: I added some tempo between each command line).

For the LaVIEW code, you can use this snippet for test

Weiss Communication.png

or just open a TCP/IP communication on localhost, port 7777.

Communication frame examples for climatic chamber #1 (\ notation) :

Set regulation ON : 14001\B61\B61\B6true\r\n

Set Treg=20.5°C : 11001\B61\B61\B620.5000\r\n

Set Hreg=50% : 11001\B61\B62\B650\r\n

Hope that it will be useful for others

Adeline.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(476 Views)

Hi! I got the same issue right now. Did you find any solution?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(285 Views)